Welcome to the page that answers the question – I have Vaginal Concerns. It is confusing for patients to know what they need; however, here at Lake Oswego GYN, we can address your concerns from a medical, BOARD-CERTIFIED standpoint.
There are many approaches to correct vaginal problems. This category includes Vaginal Rejuvenation (to make it feel new), Vaginoplasty, Anterior and Posterior Colporrhaphy. Many providers, media, and medical governing bodies have minimized this importance for patients, and we, here at Lake Oswego GYN, want to ensure that WE HEAR YOU. The main thing is that you know what is bothering you, and we will help you find the best solution.
Doctor Zaander is a Board Certified Gynecologist who is trained to do vaginal reparative procedures. We can use scalpel techniques or LASER or Cautery techniques to control bleeding and allow a more aesthetic procedure. We are high-volume surgeons, and weekly, we see the happy results of patients who have taken this step. It is carried out in a hospital or surgicenter under IV anesthesia. You will go home the same day and need pelvic rest for six weeks. High-impact activity is limited, but after 3-5 days, you can continue your life without assistance. The results are long-lasting and considered permanent other than the normal changes that occur in all women with aging.
Your presenting symptoms may be any of the following:
- I feel tissue coming out of the vagina
- My vagina feels too loose
- A tampon will not stay in
- I leak urine
- I cannot entirely empty my bladder
- I cannot entirely empty my rectum
- I have to push on my vagina to empty my bladder or rectum
- I have no tone at the ‘door’ of my vagina, and I miss it
- I pass air from the vagina
- I have pain with intercourse
- I am embarrassed to have my partner look down there
- I am sad when I think about how things were before childbirth
If any of these symptoms bother you and you want a thorough consultation and treatment plan, please call and schedule an appointment. We will make a diagnosis and establish treatment options. We also can address if insurance can be utilized, which is not always the case.